Minutes of all Board Meetings can be found under Documents > Board.
Upcoming Board Meetings
- Meeting information: Sat 3/25/2017 at the event hotel, Hilton Concord (1970 Diamond Blvd, Concord, CA 94520)
- 2:00-8:00 pm with a break to go out for dinner
- This will be an in-person meeting, but those who can't be there in person can attend online at https://uberconference.com/orienteeringusa or call 617-600-7233
- Please bring a laptop to the meeting if you have one; we will not be paying for a projector.
- Minutes of last meeting (15 min) 2:00-2:15
- Committee reports, decisions and recommendations
- Sport Working Group: National Ranking Event Proposal (Alex Jospe, VP Events) (30 min) 2:15-2:45
- Rules Committee: Change wording in IOF proposal from "and/or" to "or"
- Finance Committee: changes to accounting procedures and technology; protocols for making check requests; team fund auditing. (Pat Meehan, VP Finance report) (5 min) 2:45-2:50
- Policy for charter renewals (Greg Lennon, VP Clubs, 5 min) 2:50-2:55
- Expression of interest from the Rogaining Committee for World Rogaining Committee in 2020. (Gavin Wyatt-Mair, BAOC,15 min) to 2:55-3:10
- Motion to update the Operating Reserves Policy (Barb Bryant / Finance Committee) (15 min) to 3:10-3:25
- Update from the 2018 WM/WC Ski-O organizing committee (Alex Jospe) (10 min) to 3:25-3:35
- 50th Anniversary Funding proposals. 3:35-5:15
- Dinner at buffet restaurant 5:05-6:00
- OUSA growth through junior programs (Barb, Erin) 6:15-7:45. Pre-read about existing youth programs in the USA. And here is a slide deck.
- Anticipated attendance
- Attending in person: Barb, Greg, Bob, Alex, Charlie
- Attending by phone: Ian, Boris, Pat, Tom
- Will not be attending: Kris, Peter, Lee (traveling; some chance of attending some of the meeting, but unlikely)
- Others: Clare Durand (by phone).
June — at 2017 Gold Rush / SML Champs in Stanley, Idaho
Fall — TBD
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 7:00-8:30 PM EST - online/phone
Saturday, January 14, 2017, 2:00-5:00 PM EST — at Georgia Navigator Cup, Pine Mountain, Georgia
- Approve minutes of last meeting
- Update on 2016 annual fund; 2016 financial report (if available)
- Financial policies (revised operating reserves policy; team fund policy; other)
- 2017 budget (including estimated spending from carried-over team funds, 50th Anniversary Fund spending)
- Financial education for board members - presentation and packet
- Insurance (new memo to clubs; existing insurance page; presentation by Loomis insurance agent Greg Joly)
- Executive Direction transition (review tasks and assignees; address any issues; report from Kris and Greg on marketing knowledge transfer)
- Orienteering North America report (Kris, Pat)
- Competition and athlete development
- Rules change request by the senior team: change "2 weeks" to "1 week"
- Rules change request by Trail-O ESC. Rationale
- Reports from Junior Coach: Q4 2016 report; JWOC results
- Junior Programs in Clubs working committee
- International events: 2018 World Cup and WM ski-O (issues: paying for anti-doping fees, IOF fees and OUSA fees); 2020 WMOC (update from BAOC, who are looking into applying to host); 2020 WUOC (open for bidding); 2021 World Games (need budget to send event director to 2017 WG in Poland)
- Reports from VPs and/or committees.
- New Business
Monday, December 19, Teleconference, 7:00-9:30 PM EST
Monday, December 12, Teleconference, 8:00-9:30 PM EST
Monday, November 28, Teleconference, 8:00-9:30 PM EST
- 2017 Championship bids from BAOC and LAOC
- JTESC rules change request
- Insurance requirements of team athletes
- Safety guidelines for club-sanctioned activities
- Committee reports, including Finance and Sanctioning
- Supporting documents
- Championship bids
- JTESC Rules request change
- Committee reports