This fall, Orienteering USA will hold it’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). At that meeting, there will be voting for at least three openings on the OUSA Board of Directors.
The term of office for a Board member is three years. To be considered, you must have been a member of the Federation for at least one year, and must have been active in orienteering either by active involvement in a local club or by prominent Federation work such as committee membership, publications, etc. It is also expected that you will generally attend Board meetings, either in person or by teleconference.
The duties of the Board of Directors are:
- Select OUSA officers and plan for management succession.
- Set policy and provide guidance and strategic direction to management
- Review and approve the Federation strategic plan and annual operating plans, budgets, and other business plans
- Oversee the financial reporting process, including selection of auditors, audit and control policies, and follow up on audit recommendations.
- Approve financial strategies, borrowing commitments, and long-range financial planning
- Monitor the Federation’s compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and the performance of its responsibilities as the National Governing Body of orienteering in the United States
- Ensure that the Board and management are prepared to act in case of an unforeseen crisis (disaster planning).
OUSA has a Nominating Committee that will present some candidates at the AGM. If you meet the above qualifications, and have an interest, please present your name and orienteering background to the head of the Sanctioning Committee (William Jameson, email@example.com, (803)804-7364) by 15 AUG. A phone interview will follow.