Winter Training Challenge
Looking for that little bit of extra motivation for your winter training this season? Orienteering USA is excited to unveil a new peer-to-peer fundraising platform that will allow you to enlist family & friends to support your training and help advance orienteering by making donations on your behalf to Orienteering USA.
We make it simple by providing a platform to easily create a personal fundraising page, track your progress and process online donations in a secure fashion.
The Winter Training Challenge will run for three months from December 1st, 2020 through February 28th, 2021. Your personal challenge can span the entire 13-week period, focus on a smaller range of dates or target just a single event – the choice is up to you and your own goal setting. A few possibilities:
- Weekly Mileage Goal – supporters can donate for each week you meet your personal goal
- Streaker – challenge yourself to do some training every day over the challenge period
- Controls Visited – how many training/event controls can you visit during these three months?
- Enter a Fat-Ass style timed ultra – how many miles/laps can you do in a fixed time period?
- Find more ideas here, here and here.
How to Build Your Own Custom Fundraising Page
- Visit the Winter Training Challenge Campaign Page
- Click the ‘Become a Fundraiser‘ button in the upper right
- Log-in with your Orienteering USA credentials
- Enter content for your custom Fundraising Page
- Fundraising Page Title – use default
- Fundraising Page URL – use default
- Your Fundraising Goal – enter the dollar amount you would like to raise through your challenge
- NOTE: leaving this blank will default to the overall campaign goal of $20,000
- Current Photo – upload a personal photo for your fundraising page
- My Page Content – Create a paragraph describing your personal challenge goals using the editing tools to get creative.
- You can include additional photos and links to AttackPoint or Strava training logs so supporters can follow your activity.
- Click on the ‘Save‘ button. It is that easy!
- Click on the ‘View My Fundraising Page‘ button in the upper right to review your custom page.
- Copy the URL from the browser address bar and share with family, friends and colleagues once you are satisfied with your page design.
- Happy Fundraising!!
How will funds raised be used?
All funds raised through the Winter Training Challenge will be designated as unencumbered funds and will be used to support Orienteering USA essential operations as well as national initiatives such as TeamUSA, Youth Mapping Program, EventReg registration services for clubs, online training courses and much more.
Orienteering USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so all donations are tax deductible!! Please note that your supporters can still donate to targeted OUSA initiatives such as TeamUSA through the standard donation portal, but such donations will not count toward the Winter Training Challenge campaign totals.