Both OCAD and OOM have places where one can enter Map Metadata (see screenshots below). Please include the following pieces of information:
- YMP Project number (can get from the YMP Map Consultant)
- State and County map is located in
- Mapper name, email, and telephone number
- Map Area (in sq km) & approximate number of hours spent making the map
- The mapping program used (OCAD or OOM) and version number & the IOF symbol set used (e.g. ISSprOM 2019, IOF School symbol set)
- Georeferencing information (Coordinate system/projection, Vertical Datum, Horizontal Datum…typically from the LiDAR or DEM).
- Grid-to-Magnetic North rotation angle and date. Note that both OCAD and OOM have a function to calculate the rotation angle using the map coordinates & associated coordinate system so you can just copy that information from the program.
- Information on source data (e.g. building outlines: OpenStreetMap; elevation data: 2013 USGS Grand River LiDAR)
- Note all exceptions to the standards or any non-standard symbols or colors used
See the screen shots below for how to enter map information in OCAD & OOM
Return to YMP: Information for Mappers