As a volunteer run organization, Orienteering USA recognizes that many of our most important initiatives come from our membership. At meetings held during the Fall of 2023, the OUSA Board of Directors discussed ways to promote individuals and clubs to pursue ‘passion projects’ that further the sport at the local, regional and national level. The board has subsequently adopted a strategic focus to sponsor innovation and improve services in orienteering!
We are looking for projects you want to make happen, but don’t have the funding to support. Projects may be of any scope: local, regional, or even national. At the end of your project, we’ll ask you to report back on how it went, at least to the Board, and possibly to a broader audience (especially if your idea is really successful).
Some examples of ideas we’d like to see take off:
- – Innovative ways to increase participation in your area
- – Attend or present about orienteering at a conference or to a group
- – Purchase equipment that would expand your organization’s capabilities
- – Bring in an expert (or be the expert that OUSA sends out to help people with orienteering)
- – Host a training camp
- – Publicize a major event
- – Put on your first major event
- – Make a map you otherwise couldn’t support
- …and probably many more we haven’t thought to list yet!
Interested? Fill out the Google Form by following this link: